Saturday, June 24, 2017

a nautical find of the week

I've found several things recently with which I'm pretty pleased, but when the votes are cast, this antique New England pond boat, or pond yacht as some say, has to be the winner.

antique pond boat available here in my etsy shop
The size alone makes it quite special - 35" tall and 30" wide, and when you add to that the original painted surface, crackled with age, and that it has its original stand, it becomes a true one of a kind piece.

Living in Florida I don't come across good antique rustic pieces that often, but about once a year (twice if I'm lucky) I come across a sale from a former New England resident or antiques dealer. There were a lot of good things at this sale and I grabbed up all I could.

Hope your week is full of pleasant surprises and great adventure - marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment