Tuesday, March 21, 2017

a touch of modern - find of the week March 20

Looking over my past couple of posts I see I've been focused on my rustic side. Not a surprise; folk art and rustic country primitives were my first love and I tend to return to them. And in Florida it's not so easy to find good rustic pieces so they easily take center stage when I do.

But this week, something just as hard to find and an iconic representative of an era - the 1960s, mod Twiggy fashion a la Mary Quant, mini skirts, big eyes and flower power, with a fabulous look that's even a little shabby Paris (LOVE the cameo!).


This mod vintage papier mache store display hat stand was said to come from Macy's department store in the 1960s. While I'm not so sure that's accurate, it's the story she came with, and she certainly deserves a story. She's got big, sophisticated style, and the wear to her painted surface only adds to her worn elegant look. Impressively large at 21" tall, she's got everything it takes to be this week's Find of the Week. She's listed here in my Etsy shop.

Hope your week is full of unexpected and fabulous finds! - marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment