Friday, March 31, 2017

a late entry for Find of the Week, March 27

I won't blame the lateness of this post on a lack of good intentions; it HAS been a busy week but even that's not the reason. Frankly, I'm not sure what the reason is, but I did only get this find listed in the Etsy shop today so perhaps we can lay the blame there.

It's not the kind of thing I normally buy, but the combination of elements just spoke to me - and I do have a weakness for antlers and stag horns. So here it is:

Fabulous stag head double inkwell, listed in my Etsy shop

A rather fabulous stag head double inkwell. With something of a Black Forest feel, the details are what really set this piece apart. Lots of great elements combine for a terrific style. Large stag head with generous antlers in the center with two ribbed glass bottles in fitted holes. Grooved ledge at the front to hold a pen, tole painted leaf decoration across the back. the gold painted metal side brackets are detailed with center figures. There's verdigris on the metal of the inkwells and one does not close all the way, but the glass is in perfect condition. Writing on the bottom speaks to its age. A really interesting vintage piece that adds a lot of style, just the thing for the modern rustic home, a wonderful accessory for a desk, office or library in a modern farmhouse. It just makes me want to take up a fountain pen!

I'll be quicker next week - the challenge will be the choosing as I've been shopping!! Have a great weekend. Peace, love and vintage - marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment