Thursday, July 21, 2016

on the road - just how i like it


We have a new annual tradition here at Sophisticated Vintage - an annual road trip to New England. It sets my heart all a flutter - not only because we get to visit family and friends along the way - but also because New England runs deep in my blood. From childhood summer trips to Lake Champlain to college in Boston and regular visits to the Brimfield antiques market, wherever I've lived, I've gravitated back to New England.

And the road trip itself is so much part of the fun. Different things can be found in different areas of the country; some finds from a recent whirlwind shopping trip to Pennsylvania, for example, yielded these treasures:


I just don't find these beauties here in Florida, and it's worth getting on the road and searching them out. The great thing about the "hunt" is you never know what you'll find -

...an old baseball glove - great for a sports collection...


cutting boards and bread knives...


old tin toys...


modern...and folk art shrines...

 
I'll be posting from the road, and you can keep up with me in the Etsy shop, on instagram and pinterest. Always an adventure! - marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment