Thursday, April 19, 2018

You love what you love, right?

I'm contemplating my (now) annual upcoming trip to Pennsylvania for the Renninger's Kutztown Extravaganza next week, and already the "rush" of being in my old stomping grounds threatens to overtake me. I'm yearning for breadboards and redware, old dough bowls and trenchers - all the things that speak to my love of primitives that began in my earliest days of antiquing.

If I'm lucky I'll find some Victorian era wire hangers. I've fallen in love with the fabulous look:


Perhaps I'll find another dough bowl to rival the size of what was perhaps the biggest one I've ever had:


And when in Pennsylvania, I'm always looking for vintage carnival shooting gallery targets:


And of course wooden ware, particularly old farm pieces like these:




That ought to give you an idea of what's on my shopping list! Hope I'll come home with a pile of treasures, but I'm thinking I'm going to need a bigger suitcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment