Sunday, May 3, 2015

Brimfield Bound!

For those of you who know me, this post will come as no surprise. Not even being in Florida can keep me away from the Brimfield Antiques Market in May. Every year, around April 1, my first thought upon waking is "Brimfield!" and, after much hemming and hawing, I decided to give in to the urge, hop on a plane (well, two each way, to be precise) and head for Brimfield. Bonus hint: Did you know you can take a large size moving box on Southwest as checked baggage at no charge?? My head is swimming with the possibilities. I've already mapped out my course, know the spots I'm hitting first - now it's just counting the days.

Meanwhile, here in Florida, you have to seize opportunities when they present themselves. What I've found here lately is that there is an overwhelming amount of "ordinary stuff", some spectacular really high end merchandise, and sometimes some fabulous, affordable treasures. So when a couple of terrific estate sales (of the 'no Tupperware' variety) popped up this weekend, I jumped at the chance. And while they might not have been amounted to quite the number I was hoping for, I managed to find a few rather wonderful things. Some I've managed to list on Etsy, and one has already sold, but I thought I'd share the weekend's finds with you to get you warmed up for Brimfield bounty.

a fabulous pair of Italian gesso crowns - sold in a heartbeat in the Etsy shop

A pretty terrific Asian face, (our standing Sophisticated Vintage motto - "buy the heavy stuff") cast in cement, a wonderful find, I think, for the garden!

find him here on Etsy

and then on the smaller size, a terrific Taxco (Mexico) sterling bicycle pin - such a modern look!

listed here; love how it looks with these vintage blocks!
A couple more recent finds - you know I love figures and fragments -

figure here, fragment here, lapis cups here

And last, I'll leave you on a whimsical note - who couldn't use a pair of "people feeders"?!

love that mid century play on ideas - bird people feeders!

That's what's happening in Florida now. Time to get out the suitcases - I'm headed for Brimfield! Peace out -

No comments:

Post a Comment