Thursday, January 15, 2015

It was a horse's head, of all things!

Back in the day, in my college journalism class, our professor Larry Maness, who had an accomplished writing career, used to stress the importance of the first line in anything you wrote. So we all spent the semester feverishly creating witty, captivating, intriguing first lines - some more so than others. But I'll never forget this one, written by one of my class mates: "It was a horse's head, of all things". Who knows. Maybe she's gone on to be a famous writer and used that as the first line to her greatest work. It was a good one!

I was reminded of it with this find, recently posted to the Etsy shop:

Folk art horse's head for your wall

Who knows what next week's finds will be? Last weekend it was a fabulous lamp - as many of you know, I have something of a lamp fetish. I'll do my best to get a photo posted this weekend!

Je Suis Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment